Doorbell
Ed Cryer
2013-05-15 18:09:13 UTC
Hello almost empty group.

My wireless doorbell is stuck to my uPVC door with double-sided adhesive
tape strips; about 1cm wide and 3 mm thick.
I want to replace the bell, but I can only find strips with no thickness
to them. I want to keep it that short distance proud of the door itself.

Does anybody know the name, location on Web, or store where I can get
strips like that?

Ed
Max Demian
Max Demian
Ed Cryer
2013-05-15 20:24:57 UTC
Post by Max Demian
Post by Ed Cryer
Hello almost empty group.
My wireless doorbell is stuck to my uPVC door with double-sided adhesive
tape strips; about 1cm wide and 3 mm thick.
I want to replace the bell, but I can only find strips with no thickness
to them. I want to keep it that short distance proud of the door itself.
Does anybody know the name, location on Web, or store where I can get
strips like that?
Try pound shops.
Yes, that's an idea. Those shops have shelves full of everything.
I'll take a look next time I'm down town.

Ed
Peter Boulding
2013-05-16 00:06:19 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Hello almost empty group.
<whispers>

Hi, Ed.
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sellotape-Outdoor-Sticky-Fixers-Double/dp/B000KN06TC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_2/279-7738304-6900738>
--
Regards, Peter Boulding
***@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794240&content=music
Ed Cryer
2013-05-16 19:23:19 UTC
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Ed Cryer
Hello almost empty group.
<whispers>
Hi, Ed.
Post by Ed Cryer
My wireless doorbell is stuck to my uPVC door with double-sided adhesive
tape strips; about 1cm wide and 3 mm thick.
I want to replace the bell, but I can only find strips with no thickness
to them. I want to keep it that short distance proud of the door itself.
Does anybody know the name, location on Web, or store where I can get
strips like that?
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sellotape-Outdoor-Sticky-Fixers-Double/dp/B000KN06TC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_2/279-7738304-6900738>
I've ordered a packet of those things. Free delivery. I'll let you know
here what I think.

Ed
Grimly Fiendish
2013-05-16 22:41:26 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by Peter Boulding
Post by Ed Cryer
Hello almost empty group.
<whispers>
Hi, Ed.
There gggggreeaattttt
Grant
2013-05-18 16:23:08 UTC
Post by Grimly Fiendish
There gggggreeaattttt
You mean "They're great" I believe.
Grimly Fiendish
2013-05-18 20:47:21 UTC
Post by Grant
Post by Grimly Fiendish
There gggggreeaattttt
You mean "They're great" I believe.
Well actually
"They're gggggreeaattttt" I was tired........
Peter Boulding
2013-05-17 03:05:44 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
I've ordered a packet of those things. Free delivery.
Last of the big spenders, eh?
Post by Ed Cryer
I'll let you know here what I think.
Do.
Grimly Fiendish
2013-05-18 20:48:21 UTC
Personally i would have just bought one and cut it in half :-)
Ed Cryer
2013-05-19 13:31:31 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
I'll let you know here what I think.
Do.
I've already got three rolls of foamy stuff (£1); and some strips (about
£2, can't recall exactly). When this stuff arrives I'll make an overall
assessment of the lot.

Ed
Grimly Fiendish
2013-05-20 07:39:03 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by Ed Cryer
I'll let you know here what I think.
Do.
I've already got three rolls of foamy stuff (£1); and some strips (about
£2, can't recall exactly). When this stuff arrives I'll make an overall
assessment of the lot.
Ed
No expense spared huh?